Friday, January 11, 2013

Takua and Jaller go on an Adventure

For three years now, I have been making stop-motion Lego Bionicle videos. Truth be told, these videos are my main source of subscribers on YouTube, and easily my most viewed videos... I've always felt a bit conflicted about them though. When I started them, I was nineteen and just using them to try something new with videomaking that I hadn't done before. It took me by surprise the popularity of these videos, and prompted me to make a series of serious stop motion films, which of course became the Chronicles of the Chronicler series. Aside from that, I still would try new things, and would fall back on stop motion to try them, and so The Adventures of Takua and Jaller were born. These don't get as many views on YouTube as COTC did, but viewers still love them. Now, I'm twenty-two and still very much conflicted about playing with Legos in my basement, but in the end, it's all about making new videos and keeping my viewers happy.

One of the things my viewers have asked for is longer Takua and Jaller videos. Well, yesterday I finished filming the upcoming Takua and Jaller go on an Adventure film, which came out to just over eighteen minutes. I've got to say, it's been one of the whackiest videos I've ever made, but it makes me laugh, and not all my funny videos make me do that by the time I'm done with them. I just watched a first cut of it, and I think it's really good. Still needs a bit of fine-tuning, but it will be a blast.




No comments:

Post a Comment