Thursday, September 27, 2012

On The Road

Yesterday, my family and I took a one-day trip over to Leclaire, Iowa to do some antiquing (a family favorite). This town has been made famous by the television show, American Pickers. For those of you who haven't seen this show, it's about these two guys who "travel the back roads of America looking for rusty gold". They search all over for antiques they can buy and sell, with the help of Danielle, who keeps their shop (Antique Archaeology) and sends them leads.
While we were there, we got to go to the store where the show is filmed. While we didn't meet Mike, Frank, or Dannie, we did get to see several items that we saw them buy on the show. It was really cool, and for me, it was just about as cool as seeing the Harry Potter exhibition a few years ago, or when the Star Wars costumes and props were on display in Toledo when I was a kid. We also think we saw Mike's car downtown!

Also while I was in Iowa, I shot a short film in our hotel room. Busted out my new Antique Archaeology tee for it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment